Monday, September 22, 2008

Reality Check- Case of the Mondays?


Well I really can't go into detail about my day but I can tell you that I inspired my own self today. I could not help but laugh when I was caught up in the moment. My day started as usual, early rise supposedly at 3:00am to trick my body into getting more sleep. I actually get started at 5:00am but my body decided to rise at 4:54am so I had to get up! My morning job had a few curve balls for me to deal with before 8:00am. Got to my 9:00am class and I forgot to study for my test. (oops!) Not seriously stressing out I redeemed myself by doing some extra work, so I was feeling better by then. I received a visitor mid-day and they talked so much. They were talking very monotone so they pretty much drew all the life out of me. I felt like I went from flesh-n-blood to a corpse. I was lifeless! So I went to the bathroom to get my day back together again, it was barely noon. I went to the bathroom, combed my hair and smiled at myself in the mirror and could not help but laugh at myself. I was actually putting some self healing techniques into practice.
I went outside, couldn't help but notice how beautiful it was. So as I took my little 5 minute walk across campus REALITY hit me. Mondays are not so bad. It is a start of a new week. We should enjoy life everyday. Life is like a busy interstate, fast pace and ever moving. We have to keep up with the flow of traffic but sometime we tire out. We may have to pull over to the rest area (weekends!) to regain some strength. So the next Monday will be just a Monday!

No comments: