Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Reality Check - Natural Hair



I have been growing my hair naturally for almost 11 months. Natural hair for me is the process of weening my hair from perms and other chemicals that may be damaging for the natural hair. I have tried to go natural so many times. I finally reached the REALITY of naturalness by putting forth the effort and learn how to develop this process with ease. It is definitely a lifestyle change.
You have to take care of your body so it can produce healthy natural oils. The oil helps to keep moisture in to your skin and scalp. The natural oils help your hair and prevents your pores from being clogged or bogged down with processed oils. I now take a strong vitamin to promote health and supplements that I don't get through my daily diet. Nuts and any type of peanut oil is good for the hair. I also have to use a deep conditioning treatment twice monthly which softens the hair and provides strength. In a couple of weeks I will provide you all with a picture of me and my natural hair.

No comments: